Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Words

I enjoy words. I like the way they feel on the tongue. The sound of them and the effect of them fascinate me. I like etymology and even just pieces of words.

And today, I found one of particular delight.

Nubivagant. Pronounced “noob – e- vay- gant”. A thoroughly lovely word. It means moving through or among clouds.

Finally, a true descriptor of how I feel on my foggiest fibromyalgia days. Those days when I struggle to make myself understood from within a maddening blanket of thick cloud.

I feel nubivagant today, I shall say. And those forced to deal with my drifting, zombie-state will know immediately what they are in for.

Luckily, today is not such a day. The sun is shining and I am clear-headed.

If you too like words, I highly recommend checking out Save the Words, a website put together by Oxford University. Help save a word from extinction.

4 comments:

Whitesnake said...

I wsill try and interpoliate that in my life!

Unknown said...

Excellent idea! I think new words are one of life's pleasures, but then I am a bit of a logophile.

morningstar said...

what a neat site !!

i have adopted the word blateration - meaning chatter or blabber.. seems to suit me..

morningstar (owned by Warren)

morningstar said...

i have just gifted you with a Friends Blog award! If you wish to view the award, please go to:

http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/2009/02/and-award-goes-to.html

Happy blogging!!!

morningstar (owned by Warren)

ditto what i said to Buffalo.. i am not using it as meme thingy.. just saying "friend" is all :)